Meet the Team
The Optometrist – Dr.Daniel Do
Has over 12 years of clinical experience as a licensed Doctor of Optometry specializing in examining, diagnosing, treating, managing and preventing diseases and disorders of the visual system and related eye structure.
- Dr Do completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto and graduated with a Bachelor of science in Physiology with Honors.
- He Earned his Doctorate of Optometry degree from the prestigious Illinois College of Optometry, in Chicago, Illinois
- Has over 10 years of affiliation with the acclaimed Herzig Eye Institute, with extensive experience in providing refractive surgery and laser eye assessments along with meticulous pre- and post- operative surgical care examinations.
- While at the Herzig Eye Institute, Dr. Do has also performed executive eye examinations for patients of privatized healthcare centers of Medcan and the Cleveland Clinic.
- Has been performing annual Vision Screenings for the Toronto Maple Leafs during pre season Training Camp. Also provides comprehensive eye examinations for executives of the Toronto Maple Leafs and its hockey players
- Is at the forefront of modern optometry, and is one of the first optometrist in Canada certified in the management of Dry Eye through Lipiflow Treatment.
- Has had a wide-range of international clinical experience with an extensive hospital background training treating and managing complicated disease anthologies at the Illinois Eye Institute (Chicago, Illinois); Jamaica Plains Veteran Affairs Hospital (Boston, Massachusetts); Kresege Eye Institute (Detroit, Michigan); Battle Creek Veteran Affairs Hospital (Battle Creek, Michigan); and the acclaimed Fichte Eye Institute (Buffalo, New York).
- Is recognized and licensed by the Ontario College of Optometrists with the ability to treat advanced ocular pathologies via topical and oral prescriptions.
- Recognized by the Canadian Examiners in Optometry and the National Board of Examiners in the Treatment and management of Ocular Diseases such as glaucoma and dry eye since 2002.
- Recognized and privileged to serve as a clinical assessor for the Canadian Examiners of Optometry board exams. Evaluating the clinical skills of future optometrists to be licensed in Canada.
- A Former University of Toronto varsity volleyball athlete and in his spare time likes to play competitive tennis for the local Etobicoke Central tennis club.
- A member of the Etobicoke/Kingsway community, many neighbours business merchants and local friends of the community place their trust in Dr. Daniel Do to look after their eyes and their families eyes.
Jillian is a Chartered Professional Accountant, who manages the business and financial affairs of the practice. In addition to Jillian’s accounting, audit and tax expertise as a former Manager at KPMG, she has a great eye for all things beautiful, sleek and sophisticated.
Jillian played a primary role concerning all aspects of the Kingsway office design. From the layout, to the fixtures and furniture, Jillian planned the office to best achieve functionality, while being aesthetically inviting for the modern Kingsway family.
When Jillian is not in the office, you can find Jillian on the local tennis courts playing inter county tennis, or on the ice playing women’s hockey.
Travis is a licensed Optician with over 10 years of experience in the optical industry. He brings to the Kingsway Eye Care team a passion for helping patients see and feel their best. With extensive experience in clinics, dispensaries and finishing labs, he is able to offer a breadth of knowledge and skill to our patients. Travis has a great eye for fashion and design which is evident in the vast selection of stylish frames that we offer. He stays on top of the latest optical technologies and trends with a focus on style and quality in order to provide our patients with the very best.
Travis has extensive experience in dealing with a wide range of lens suppliers, including Essilor, Nikon and Zeiss, and in helping patients identify the best lens for their needs, from Single Vision and Multi-Focal to Occupational and Therapeutic lenses. He also specializes in managing high-end frame manufacturers, from the manufacturing process to frame repairs and adjustments, and can help non-adept patients with custom frame fittings.
Travis has lived in Toronto for several years and loves all that the city has to offer. When he’s not around the office, you can find him taking in a Blue Jays, Raptors or Leafs game, trying out a great new restaurant or spending time with family and friends.